Welcome to Boomerang BBQ
Portable, Flat Pack Fire Pits & BBQ Gear
Award Winning Boomerang BBQ
Watch the Video
Remember when you last went camping, and used your portable BBQ or firepit? Remember how heavy & dirty it was to lift it in and out of your vehicle? What about the space it took up? It probably meant you couldn't fit something else in for your trip because the BBQ gear took up so much room. Fancy trying to fit in all that bulky, heavy gear again or may you're thinking you might leave it home next time.
Then what about how much time and energy it took to set up your BBQ? That all said, when you finally got it all up and running - did you end up burning all your food, or your arms (!) trying to rescue the food from the flames. Or maybe for those of you die hard gas BBQ users, you ran out of gas just at that crucial time in the middle of nowhere with no other option?
Well, imagine this.....a BBQ you could keep in your car all the time, so compact and as light as 1.7 kgs that folds as flat as envelope. That takes 30 secs to set up and pack down, and you can pop in the dishwasher. Made from 316 stainless it would be versatile and rugged enough for harsh outback conditions or salty environments.
Well read on to explore more about how the Boomerang BBQ can help you in your quest for lightening your camping load.
What makes the Boomerang special?
This is no cheaply made BBQ. Made from surgical grade 316 stainless steel, that endures the test of time, outback conditions or salty environments. If you are looking for a BBQ that really works in these conditions, or you are fed up lugging one of those heavy BBQ's around on the planet - then look no further.
The Boomerang BBQ has a unique history. Going back to 1958 when adventurer John Carr was searching for better ways to cook over his campfire when he was travelling in the Central Australian desert and the jungles of Kakadu. After an initial prototype, he worked on improving and testing the dseign for the next 22years. After winning an inventors award on the 1980 Australian TV show, " What'll They Think of Next" he commercialised the BBQ, then known as the CarrBQ.
Since then it has been developed further by Boomerang BBQ Products in 2015 (patent pending and registered design) with many additional improvements and a more compact fold-down area.
The Boomerang BBQ is designed to be hammered into the ground, on virtually any slope or type of terrain or can alternatively be attached to the Boomerang Firepit. It is designed to either work with a wood or charcoal fire on the ground or in conjunction with a fire-pit.
Simply adjust the height of your grill with one-hand with the patented Boomerang arm. The cool-touch Boomerang arm allows you to either move the grill up and down whilst cooking or to swing off the fire entirely for easy turning or removal of food. The Boomerang grill system also lifts off the Boomerang pole easily, if you wish to take your cooked meal straight to the table from the fire.
Made from surgical grade 316 stainless steel, it flat-packs down to 25mm for easy carrying in it's bag or for stowing in your vehicle all the time.
- Clever, compact, flat-pack design
- Fold-down dimensions: 330mm x 330mm x 25 mm
- Weight 1.7 kg
- Cooking surface area: 330mm x 330mm
- One handed adjustable height
- Set up time: approx 30 secs
- Pack down time: approx 30 secs
- Quality materials: laser cut 316 stainless & aluminium
- Comes with its own carry bag
- Dishwasher proof
- Compact enough to stow in your car all the time
- 30 second set up and pack down
- Controlled cooking with one-handed height adjustment
- Suitable for all types of terrain and sloping ground
- Versatile can be used with or without a firepit, and can be hammered into the ground or connected to a firepit
- Endures the test of time, outback conditions and salty environments
- Convenient to carry in its own bag over your shoulder
- Easy to clean and dishwasher proof
- camping - all terrains - mountains, snow, sand
- boating - great to take ashore for your BBQ
- caravanning & 4WD'ing
- beach fishing - cook your fresh catch easily
- picnicking - great for short daytrip BBQ's
- your own backyard
- Big enough to cook 6-8 steaks or 24 sausages at once
- Perfect control for cooking more delicate cuts such as chicken, fish
- Suitable for grilling large cuts e.g. butterflied lamb, portugese chicken; the large surface area, as well as the adjustable height allows you to control the amount of heat
- Toasting all sorts of breads, muffins, crumpets without burning
- Perfect for crispy bacon
What Do Our Customers Say?
The Boomerang BBQ saves us time and space - simple to use, very compact and cooks really well. No hassle to pack away. We use it every time we go camping or away on our boat - in 316 stainless it is a quality product.
The Boomerang BBQ's smart design means you can easily adjust the height of your grill with one hand - no more burnt food. It's lightweight and compact enough to store in our car all the time
Are you sick and tired of lugging that big heavy BBQ around the planet?
"Why bother carrying a heavy, bulky BBQ when you can have a Boomerang BBQ that flatpacks down to less than 2 kg in minutes"